Community Leader Mary Kay Harris to Run for City Council Ward 11
Monday, May 19, 2014
Harris has had over 15 years of grassroots organizing with DARE (Direct Action for Rights and Equality) in police brutality, racial profiling, housing & tenant work. She has been recognized by the community as an advocate for the community, standing up for low-income families and empowering the voices of young people.
Councilman Davian Sanchez currenly serves in Ward 11. Sanchez is the youngest Dominican-American elected official in the United States, as well as the youngest member elected to the Providence City Council.
- NEW: City Council Establishes New Subcommittee on Women & Healthy Communities
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tom Kenney: Little Courage from Providence City Council
- NEW: Providence City Council to Tackle Nightclub Problems
- City Council President Michael Solomon: 13 To Watch in RI in 2013
- NEW: Igliozzi Won’t Quit as Finance Chairman of City Council
- PODCAST: Providence City Council Chaos
- BREAKING: Igliozzi Out as Finance Chairman of City Council
- Investigation: Massive Taxpayer-Funded Cell Phone Bills on Prov. City Council
- Providence City Council Members Weigh in on Davey Lopes Pool
- City Council Balks at Mayor’s Tax Increase
- NEW: Former Union Head Day Blasts City Council on Pension Reform
- Providence City Council Members on Three Big Ideas for City
- City Council Civil War: Attempt to Overthrow Majority Leader Thwarted
- NEW: Graf to Replace Bissaillon as City Council Chief of Staff
- Providence City Council: Who Will Be the Next President?
- City Council Clashes with Taveras over Disability Pension Request
- NEW: Igliozzi Out as Finance Chairman of City Council
- Taveras Unveils Budget: City Council Reacts
- City Council Looks to Override Taveras Veto on Affordable Housing
- Who WIll Replace Michael Solomon as City Council President?
- The Scoop: Cheaters Owner Gave Money to Prov City Council Members
- Don Roach: Providence City Council Unanimously Votes Republican
- NEW: Prov City Council Calls for Economic Development Task Force
- The Scoop: City Employee’s Bid for City Council Violates Charter
- LISTEN: Who Will Be the Next President of the Providence City Council?